CCCYPLaw may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is CCCYP Law c/o Laura Janes, The Howard League, 1 Ardleigh Road, London N1 4HS, UK. The information you provide will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and may be used by CCCYPLaw and its agents to supply the services which you have requested.
Cookies used on this site
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to our work as a network of people and organisations involved in community care law.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better information, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve the offering on this site
- We will be adding members of the network to a groupspaces.com email group.
- We may use the information you have given us to tailor the emails you receive according to your area and interests (eg a regional sub group, messages aimed specifically at social workers)
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us here. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete, for example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact us here.
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.